Astana International Financial Center
The World Team Chess Championship will be held on the Astana International Campus (AIC) – part of the infrastructure of the AIFC.
- AIC’s activities are aimed at supporting continuous professional development initiatives, developing human capital, developing thematic content and organizing professional venue for effective interaction.
- AIC is a professional interactive multimedia venue for international and local partners of the AIFC Continuing Professional Development Bureau
- AIC is located on the site of the Special International Exhibition EXPO 2017
- Next to AIC on the former site of EXPO 2017, are also the Astana Hub and the Center for Green Technologies
Address: Mangılık el avenue,53, С-3.3 pavilion.
Tel.: 8 800 080 08 01
Hilton Astana –
The Hilton Astana is an ultramodern hotel on the grounds of the exhibition complex Astana Expo 2017. It is the only representative of the Hilton Hotels & Resorts five-star brand in Central Asia.
- The hotel has 253 rooms, including 5 types of suites.
- Hilton Astana has one of the largest event venues.
- For the convenience of guests, there are 2 restaurants and a SPA complex on site.
- On the ground floor there is a comfortable restaurant, the ‘Axis Lobby Bar’ with a wide selection of European dishes and the pleasant atmosphere of the hotel atrium.
- On the ninth floor there is the Cloud9 restaurant with a magnificent view of the exhibition complex ‘Astana Expo 2017’
- On the second floor of the hotel is the Eforea spa with an area of 2000 sq.m. Eforea spa offers its guests the use of the TechnoGym 24/7 gym, indoor pool, 3 types of saunas and a large Turkish bath.
Address: Sauran street 46, Astana 010000
Tel: 8 (717) 264 9900
Kazakhstan is home to one of the most ancient civilizations in Eurasia, the birthplace of nomadic tribes, located on the Great Silk Road between China, Russia and other central Asian countries.
- The state was founded in 1465 as the Kazakh Khanate.
- There are about 27 thousand ancient monuments in the republic
- It has a population of more than 18 million, including groups from over 120 ethnicities
- Kazakhstan is the ninth largest country in the world by area; it is rich in minerals.
- According to the UN, Kazakhstan is 69th in the human development index and is considered highly developed
Astana is the new capital of the republic, a rapidly developing metropolis with a population of more than 1 million people.
- Astana is located in the center of Eurasia.
- The city was founded here in 1830 and became the capital of the country in 1997
- The river Yesil flows through the city
- Unique sights of the city include: Baiterek, Khan Shatyr, the Palace of Peace and Cooperation
- Winter here is long and colde, while summer is hot and dry.
- The city is one of the centers for the development of chess in Kazakhstan, and the hometown of some members of the country’s Olympic team.